Tuesday-Sunday : 11:00 AM–7:00 PM
Ask the Experts
Follicular Unit Extraction
We offer safe Follicular Unit Extraction- a type of hair transplant, in our clinic for patients suffering from bald patches, and extreme hair loss. In this procedure, hair follicles from the patient's body are extracted and placed where required. It helps give the appearance of fuller and thicker hair. Compared to the Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) technique, where an entire chunk of skin has to be transplanted in the target area, Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) only needs the hair follicle transplant. This is a simpler procedure and provides many benefits. For example, there is less chance of an uneven appearance or a hair transplant looking unnatural due to uneven patches of skin from different areas of the body. Following treatment, the new hair follicles are well nourished by blood vessels, resulting in new hair growth in areas where there was previously thin hair or balding.
Procedure for Follicular Unit Extraction
Follicular Unit Extraction is a surgical procedure to transport the hair follicles from any area in the body to the scalp or the target area. Here’s how a typical session goes:
- The target area and the area from where hair follicles will be extracted are cleansed and shaved.
- The surgeon uses a micro punch tool to extract the hair follicles.
- With the help of micro incisions in the target area the hair follicles are transplanted
- Then the area is bandaged for quick recovery.
Aftercare for Follicular Unit Extraction
This is a fairly quick surgical procedure with some post-treatment instructions that you should keep in mind.
- Avoid using any harsh products on the hair for a few weeks after the treatments.
- Avoid washing or using water on your hair for 3-4 days after the procedure.
- Avoid tugging, combing, or brushing hair for a couple of weeks post treatments.
- Don’t panic if you notice a few hair falling off from the target area. This is completely normal.
- Reach out to our team if you notice any pain, swelling, or inflammation in the target area.
Number of Follicular Unit Extraction sessions required
Although a single session is enough for most people, we can recommend an additional session for people with hereditary baldness. Effective results are visible after at least 3-4 months.
Who needs Follicular Unit Extraction?
This treatment is available to people who have baldness due to genetics or age. It can also be used to promote hair growth around the brows and beard. However, people suffering from temporary baldness or hair loss due to stress or any medications should not get this treatment. They are rather suited for other treatments offered at our clinic, like Hair PRP and Mesotherapy.